Interesting facts about Sudan
- The official name of Sudan is the Republic of the Sudan (Jumhuriyat as-Sudan).
- The name “Sudan” translates to “the land of the blacks” in Arabic. It is taken from the Arabic bilād as-sūdān.
- Sudan was once the largest and the most geographically diverse state in Africa. However, it was split into two countries in July 2011.
- The river Nile runs from the north to the south of Sudan.
- January first is the National day in Sudan.
- Sudan has one doctor every 100,000 people.
- A haboob, a type of an intense dust storm, can occur in Central Sudan (May through July), reducing visibility to zero.
- Sudan is nicknamed the Arab world’s food basket, as it accounts for 45% of arable land in the Arab world.
- For more facts, please visit https://thefactfile.org/sudan-facts/
SUDAN GAMES FOR FUN
What does the SANC logo stand for?